Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching is an entry-level certification program that provides the network engineers with the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched computer networks. CCNA Routing and Switching is meant for Network Specialists, Network Support Engineers and Network Administrators with prior experience.
This is an inevitable course to start your career in Networking Domain. The Course mainly deals with basic of concepts of OSI & TCP-IP Protocol Stack, Switching & Routing, Access Control List, Network Address Translation and WAN.
1. Describe the purpose and basic operation of protocols in OSI and TCP/IP models and determining the data flow amongst two different hosts within a network.
2. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting basic networking hardware i.e. Routers (1841, 2611XM, 2801, 2811) and Switches (2950, 2960, 3550, 3750 series). Concepts like IOS installation, password recovery, and hardware up-gradations to be covered.
3. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting basic concepts of layer 2 switching and predicting the data flow.
4. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting STP, VLANs, CAM, and Ether channels.
5. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting layer 3 addressing routing protocols for IPV4 and IPV6 (subnetting and summarization).
6. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols for IPV4 and IPV6. Topics like OSPF (single and multi-area) and EIGRP (load balancing, equal and unequal) are covered.
7. Introduction to WAN: Getting familiar with WAN protocol and devices. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting layer 3 protocols like Frame relay, HDLC, PPP, NAT, etc. Introduction to MPLS.
8. Understanding IP services like DHCP, SNMP, Netflow, FHRP, and NTP.
9. Understanding, configuring and troubleshooting layer 2 security, layer 3 security that is ACL (standard, extended, named) , SSH and Secret password.
In the new version of CCNA R&S Certification syllabus, Cisco has added and removed some topics from the old syllabus.
200-125 : CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX)
100-105 : ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
200-105 : ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
Fees for CCNA certification composite exam is 295 USD and passing marks required are 825 out of 1000. CCNA exam is conducted online in Pearson Vue testing centres.
There are around 55 questions in latest CCNA R&S Online Exam, out of which there are 3-4 simulations and around 50-52 Multiple choice questions.
Training Schedule for CCNA course (Regular) Training Schedule for CCNA course (Weekend)
|MONTH||FIRST BATCH||SECOND BATCH||THIRD BATCH||FORTH BATCH|
|JULY||3RD JULY||10TH JULY||17TH JULY||24TH JULY|
|AUG||7TH AUG||14TH AUG||21TH AUG||28TH AUG|
|SEP||4TH SEP||11TH SEP||18TH SEP||25TH SEP|
|OCT||3RD OCT||9TH OCT||16TH OCT||23RD OCT|
|NOV||6TH NOV||13TH NOV||20TH NOV||27TH NOV|
|DEC||5TH DEC||12TH DEC||19TH DEC||26TH DEC|